The practice of a short and simple breathing exercise can do wonders for relieving stress.
Why is a breathing exercise good for relieving stress?
Increased heart rate, breathing, and high blood pressure are often the signs of stress. All decrease when you breathe deeply to relax.
Listening to relaxing ambient sounds, like the waves of the ocean, will help you to experience deeper relaxation.
- I recommend the FREE White Noise Lite app.
- Click here to see what it looks like.
- Available for IOS or Android
- There are plenty of looped sounds to choose from, specifically 40. ALL FREE!
Steps for a short breathing exercise:
- Pick a looped sound and press play (optional).
- Set a timer for 5 minutes and press start.
- Breathe in (count to three)
- Breathe out (count to three)
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until your timer is up.
It is really that simple.